Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Janeane Who?


At first I was befuddled:

The political left and the political right are going to meet on Fox's "24" this coming season.

Actress-comedian Janeane Garofalo, an outspoken liberal, is set to co-star on the conservative-leaning real-time drama, whose co-creator/executive producer Joel Surnow jokingly describes himself as a "right-wing nut job."
But unless I miss my guess, Ms G will be cross paths with "freedom fighters"... Either that or she becomes one of them and gets a Jack Bauer back-rub, you know, with a cinder block. Woo-hoo! Maybe he should hire Al Franken too.

Nah, really, I don't imagine we'd get much pleasure from seeing the liberally impaired undergo fictional hardship. They're people too. Sorta. I'll just hope seeing Janeane's mug doesn't distract from the walloping, gassing, exploding, and shooting. Hey, lucky for Joel that Janeane was able to take time off from her busy schedule at Air America. Remember Air America? Yeah, me either.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg