Thursday, January 10, 2008

Top 10 Drunk American Writers

Here's a list of Top 10 Drunk American Writers. I noticed three things.

  • One, they had no better understanding of excessive drinking than, pardon the expression, Joe Six-Pack.
  • Two, I have a better stove than Charles Bukowski did.
  • Three, refrigerator too.


#07 - CHARLES BUKOWSKI [1920-94]
"Drinking is an emotional thing. It joggles you out of the standardism of everyday life, out of everything being the same. It yanks you out of your body and your mind and throws you against the wall. I have the feeling that drinking is a form of suicide where you're allowed to return to life and begin all over the next day. It's like killing yourself, and then you're reborn. I guess I've lived about ten or fifteen thousand lives now."






via: Plime

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg