Sunday, February 15, 2009

Boulder High



I had heard about the kids who tried to change the name of their high school to Barack Obama High but I didn't realize that the original name was so generic. So the high school was named after the city, which was named after a rock. Cool, so they're saying, "We think that changing the name of our school is disrespectful to both the school, and the rock after which it was named."

Anyway, the kids who tried to get the name changed admitted one very important thing: That we don't even have a month of Obama under our belts yet; we might want to wait until the man actually has some accomplishments to honor.

So far, he's gotten himself into power. That's one hell of an accomplishment, but keep in mind; Lenin, Pol Pot, and Idi Amin accomplished that. Not that I'm equating BO with those guys, I'm just saying that it's what Obama does from here on out that matters.

Getting the pork/stimulus package passed is an accomplishment -- an amazing one when you consider that he got it done without debate, discussion, or even with the members of congress being able to know exactly what they were voting on. But is it a good thing? I think we'll find out. And no, I don't want to argue with liberals about it. I am satisfied that they will have to live in this "new" America with me.

Is Obama's new Health Care IT initiative going to end up telling us what care we can and cannot get? I hope not, but if it does bring about Tom Daschle's vision, and eventually government run health care, I take solace in knowing that BO supporters will share the misery that brings.

Yeah, let's hold off renaming our high schools after him. That might be overkill once every hospital in the nation bears his name.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg