Monday, November 15, 2010

Lance Cpl. Terry Honeycutt, Jr.



I'm back from the funeral for the fallen Marine, Lance Cpl. Terry Honeycutt, Jr.

I started shuttling supporters from satellite parking at 8:00 AM and kept it up until the lots were full and people with flags covered the church grounds and highway. By that time people were stopping along the highway and getting pretty creative with their parking. I didn't get a chance to stand with the supporters but it was great talking to them as I drove them up to the church.

Being busy, I also wasn't able to get a picture of the sea of flags that covered the area but really, it was awesome. I'll probably post one after they go up online.

(As for the despicable Westboro Baptist "Church" protesters, I actually stopped next to them at a light. They were a sorry lot; standing around at least a half mile north of the church; looking irrelevant. I only glanced at them though. Then I made it a point to ignore them. I think that's what we should all do.)

thanks: to sml for the picture of route 301 in front of the church. By the time I left, the supporters were stretched at least a hundred yards down the road. I hope the show of support comforted TJ's friends and family.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg