Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Traffic

Do you ever feel good because it's other people who are stuck in traffic?
I almost headed north this morning, and I *would* have if I didn't have a
mountain of paperwork calling my name. Anyway, I just missed this:

BALTIMORE - Authorities closed one of two highway tunnels carrying traffic under Baltimore's harbor for nearly two hours Tuesday and partially shut the other because of a threat to detonate vehicles full of explosives inside the tubes.

The Baltimore Harbor Tunnel was closed and the Fort McHenry Tunnel was reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction, said Lt. Col. David Franklin of the Maryland Transportation Authority Police. The closures began about 11:30 a.m. and officers began reopening the tubes about 1:15 p.m.

"The safe thing right now is to allow these tunnels to reopen," said Chief Gary McLhinney of the transportation authority police.

Whew.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg