Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Missing Line


Two babies were born on the same day at the same hospital. They lay there and looked at each other. Their families came and took them away. Eighty years later, by a bizarre coincidence, they lay in the same hospital, on their deathbeds, next to each other. One of them looked at the other and said, "So. What did you think?"
-Steven Wright

I remember hearing this joke many years ago and thinking that it really needed an answer to the question. The other old guy needed to say how it went. It bugged me for years. I mean, it was a great joke to begin with but I just couldn't help but think that it needed closure.

Anyway after a few years I forgot that it was a Steven Wright joke. Then, after a few more years I forgot the joke itself. But then, last week, it came to me. I knew what the last line had to be. But fat lot of good it did me, I could no longer remember the joke that needed it.

Anyway, google found the joke, so now I can tell you the line:

and the other old man replied, "You know, I expected more bears."


0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg