Monday, July 11, 2005

Numnum!

So I was searching for this:


Freeze dried and vacuum packed to seal in the flavour, this is the 100 gram pack, (3.5 oz.). The famous Monthong variety of durian fruit is grown only in Thailand and this fruit is from orchards in the Chanthaburi area, known for its almost perfect growing conditions. Durian is high in vitamin C*.....

Sounds good. But then I looked under "Customers who bought this also purchased" and saw:

Eating insects is common in much of Asia. They are known to be tasty and as a good source protein. These fried insects are ready to eat and go down well as a snack with a cold beer. The black scorpions are fried and canned. They are ready to eat out of the can.

Mmmmmm. Right out of the can? Maybe next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing.

lumberjack said...

Oh, no question; if I get a can of fried black scorpions, I'm sharing the little fellers. Thank goodness, the traditional, and complicated, rules of lumberjack hospitality demand that I share, even to the point of there not being any left for me.
[especially true where scorpions are involved]

fighting101s.jpg