Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tea-um-bagging, Not


I'd like to say that I've been busy checking out the local tea party but I never came close to having the time. For the last two days I've been taking care of our chubby pug, who has been having a diabetic crisis of some kind. Which crisis escalated to the point where all of last night was spent throwing up - her, not me, though several times I came close. Anyway, good news is that the vet is "much more optimistic" this afternoon than he was upon seeing her this morning. She'll be staying in the doggy hospital for a few days so I suppose I better think seriously about getting a second job, or robbing a bank.

Anyway, re the tea party thing, Newsbusters has a video of some particularly nasty liberal jibes from CNN:


CNN anchor Anderson Cooper followed his colleague David Shuster into the gutter on his Anderson Cooper 360 program on Tuesday in making a vulgar “tea-bagging” joke about Republicans/conservatives. After CNN’s senior political analyst David Gergen remarked that Republicans were “searching for their voice” after two electoral losses, Cooper quipped, “It’s hard to talk when you’re tea-bagging.”

(for those who don't know, you probably don't want to know what tea-bagging is - I would have been clueless if it hadn't been for a John Waters film, long ago)

Well, so it's good news I guess -- the "tea parties" have got them scared. They haven't yet found a way to spin it, so they're throwing everything in the book at the "problem".

One Obama spin: (roughly) "What are they talking about? I promised 95% of the country wouldn't pay higher taxes and I delivered on that promise."
But no, Mr. O, You delivered $13 (or $8) per week but on the back of that check is an IOU, that you signed our name to, for much much much more than the lousy face of the check.

I hope the liberals keep asking what the tea parties are about. Raise that question often enough and you run the risk of the general population getting curious, and finding the answer. I'll be ready to explain it to whoever asks.

Not now though. I need sleep.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg