Saturday, April 25, 2009

I'm Off




I still insist on being a chaperon at any concerts the lumberkid goes to. And I think I have everything...... book -check , heart medicine -check, ear plugs....etc.

I'm off.
But you knew that. (btw- that's not really me)

***Update:
Went there. Survived. That's steps one and two of going to a concert at my age.

And, besides being a good outing with the kid (and a friend) it had it's own highlights and challenges. On the plus side: the wrist band that allowed us pavilion seating. They're given out on a first come, first served, basis and we got them despite being way back in line and passing up an offer to cheat with a line cut. Also big plus, the girls passed up the offer to cheat. They didn't even ask if we could do it.

Another situation, was plus/minus. Got to see 50 Cent, which isn't really my kind of music, so I liked maybe 25%. Plus, getting a drink and making a bathroom run, I missed about half his set. So, 25% of half of 50 Cent .... call it a little over a nickel.

Big minus is an $8.50 cheeseburger. You don't mind paying extra when there's some fancy blue cheese - mushroom - truffle sauce or something, but this was just bread and meat. Yikes. Anyway the cheeseburger wrapper should have been imaged and saved like the memento wrist band, but when you pay that much for a cheeseburger, you're sort of obligated to eat the wrapper too, just to extract value from the transaction.

And the biggest plus there could be at a concert: we got out of the parking lot without the usual hour and a half crawl. This good fortune was due to a series of factors: a car held up the line and created my opening, a fence post had been removed, and a farmer's field just happened to be in the right place. (and don't judge me - I understand the corn crop wasn't expected to be that great this year -- and that chicken was probably ready to become a Sunday dinner anyway)


0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg