Friday, July 17, 2009

Stimulus Dollars at Work - A Priest, a Plumber, and a Rabbi Walk Into a Bar...



Drudge links to a strange sources-sought:

This is a sources sought notice and not a request for quotations. The purpose of this announcement is to seek qualified contractors with the capability to provide presentations for The Department of Treasury, Bureau of the Public Debt (BPD), Management Meeting with experience in meeting the objectives as described herein.

The Contractor shall conduct two, 3-hour, Humor in the Workplace programs that will discuss the power of humor in the workplace, the close relationship between humor and stress, and why humor is one of the most important ways that we communicate in business and office life. Participants shall experience demonstrations of cartoons being created on the spot. The contractor shall have the ability to create cartoons on the spot about BPD jobs. The presenter shall refrain from using any foul language during the presentation. This is a business environment and we need the presenter to address a business audience.

So hey, I'm all over this one. I've got the money-gone cartoon down, I just need to work on the dollar bill with wings flying off into the horizon. (OK so maybe that head is a little scary, but it was on-the-spot)

Darn it, Drudge ruined everything, so they modified the RFI to "never mind" status. (and after I did all that work -- I was even working on the no-foul-language clause)

Actually, I do government contracting. And I've seen no increase in RFQ's in my field. Course, mostly I work for Department of Defense so I don't expect a lot from the Obama administration. (until he gets us into a war, that is) I do know that the SBA is working hard, and that some people are getting help from the stimulus. Like that cartoonist. Most likely they had someone in mind for this contract. But we ruined that.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg