Saturday, September 01, 2007

Larry Craig


So Larry Craig resigns, but I can't help but wonder if there would be this much hoopla if the cop in the next stall had been female. Would it have been "unforgivable"? Sure, it's silly of Craig to try and claim he was misunderstood, uh, 'my foot itched and that's why I was tapping it... imagine my surprise...' But hey, whatever the signals are, it seems the cop answered back; Craig didn't force himself on an innocent bathroom goer. This is just tawdry behavior - something we've seen from many of our elected officials. I think he did need to resign, but only because he thought he could lie about what happened. Being a closeted bisexual who looks for anonymous trysts isn't "unforgivable", it's pretty much something I could have accepted a mea culpa for.

He would have done much better if he'd said, "Look, it was wrong and I'm going to change my behavior," you know, like Bill Clinton did.... eventually.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg