Friday, January 11, 2008

You Had Me at Illegal


I followed the link from Drudge because of the Hillary quote, "No woman is illegal." What is that? There are no female illegal aliens? Never mind, there was a more important quote in the article. Hillary:

"I think we're slipping toward a recession," she said. "A couple of people that I met on the street, they work in construction. They tell me it's slowed down."
But they stop there. They don't say if she ran into a woman at the supermarket, buying imported olives, who thinks the dollar must be slipping. Or, yikes, do you think maybe Hillary didn't even go to the supermarket?

Now that strikes me as irresponsible. How can you vote for a person who, having found out that the country has gone into a recession from a couple of construction workers, then fails to consult a supermarket cashier, who handles money all day long, about what monetary policy might pull us out of our spiral into ruin?

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg