Thursday, February 05, 2009

It's Not Opinion, It's Math



I am not a shopper. I like to get in, get it, and get out. One man, one job, one, uh, transaction. So I ruffle when anything happens to hold up the check-out line. When the lady at the front of the line opens her coin purse and starts fiddling for coins, I go into Awww-for-the-love-of-Pete mode. So I would never hold up the line, myself. Almost never.

And the only time I've ever been the culprit in a line freeze was because of the same math insanity in the above video. The money didn't even matter to me. What drove me nuts was that the cashier acted like I needed math lessons. "No sir, 5 times .07 cents is 35 cents." Um, no it's not, 5 times .07 dollars is 35 cents.

So I explained it to her, and explained it to the lead cashier, and explained it to the store manager, and yes, that's nuts, but when they couldn't grasp it, I felt compelled to continue teaching. It was insane. (none of them ever understood, BTW)

So I feel for this guy. I hope, and assume, you all "get it". If you don't: stay in school.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg