Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Criminal Intent to Yodel


Austrians warming up for the gay pride parade.

I guess some toes are easily stepped upon:
An Austrian court has recently fined a citizen for yodeling while mowing his lawn, according to a report in The Kronen Zeitung newspaper.

The citizen, 63-year-old Helmut G., was told by the court that his yodeling offended his next-door Muslim neighbors, who accused him of trying to mock and imitate the call of the Muezzin.

Don't get me wrong, some yodeling could be considered criminal, but come on, in Austria it's been around longer than the Muezzins. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, and I might be, seeing as I just made it up, but Austrian sheep herders used to "yodel home" their flock since before the time of Christ. Sheep just naturally flock to the sound.

If anything, the Austrians should take the Muezzins to court for calling their sheep out of the fields five times a day. Sheesh, ya know?

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg