Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I Don't Buy This One

I kinda suspect this latest Rev. Wright mess was planned, "You go out and repeat your whole spiel, and I'll feign surprise that you're such a radical and denounce you, OK?" Sure, it's a conspiracy theory, but these are Democrats:

Wright's statements ``offend me, they rightly offend all Americans and they should be denounced and that's what I'm doing very clearly and unequivocally today,'' Obama said in a news conference in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.

"Furthermore, I will wear a flag lapel pin from time to time, I will quit hanging out with an unrepentant bomber, and I'll work with my wife to try to find something else about America that she likes. I'll even allow as to how some people can embrace religion, defend their right to bear arms, and have strong opinions about illegal immigration for reasons other than being bitter over unexpected unemployment."
OK, he didn't say that last part. That was me, embellishing. It's like putting extra teeth in Al Sharpton's mouth, I just couldn't resist. But my addition is probably as true as Obama's "denouncement". I mean really, senator. Are you pretending that you were previously unaware that your spiritual mentor thinks the government invented AIDS to kill black people? That's not the kind of an idea that a person keeps to himself. An idea like that, to someone who believes it, shapes their whole world.

Anyway, we've all heard the tapes, seen the videos. Don't give me that out-of-context crap. You cannot even invent a context in which those kind of ugly ideas become pretty. And we don't need a president so unobservant that he didn't notice that his spiritual adviser was a spiritual wreck.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg