Friday, January 15, 2010

Encabulator Explained



I was wondering when some enterprising company would finally put a panametric fan to good use.

Actually I heard something very much like this many years ago. At a trade show I had signed up for more info on a line of industrial microcontrollers. Course, I didn't realize the "more info" would be in the form of a sales call at 8:00 AM.

Working for myself, I was pretty much unfamiliar with 8:00 AM. In fact, I hadn't seen 8:00 AM in years. So I get this guy asking how many channels I would be controlling and throwing out specs and modes of operation... And me not entirely sure if it was a trade contact or the cable company on the other end of the line. I think I may have asked him about the ESPN package, or maybe not; in fact I'm not even sure I did a good job on "hello."

The salesman, understandably, thought he was talking to a moron, so he feigned an office fire and got off the line. I went back to sleep and forgot about the conversation; until I heard this, that is.

via

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg