Friday, August 16, 2013

The Screwtape Letters



What I'm reading this week: The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis. And I'm reading them in the easiest way possible, ie by having John Cleese read them for me. It's really just like regular reading except that my lips don't move.

They require your full attention though. I tried listening with them playing in the background but found myself rewinding every 2 minutes in order to recapture missed points and follow the narrative.

Background on the book here.


4 comments:

OMMAG said...

Did you know that Cleese used to produce corporate training films for companies like Xerox?

Freekin hilarious stuff for customer management skills.

Rumbear said...

John Cleese is reading them for you? How does this work? I need minions....

Wry Mouth said...

I thought Cleese did a good job actually.

Tina said...

Bible Gateway has a new daily email from the writing of CS Lewis. It just started this past week. So far it is his correspondence - interesting, and a little different from the usual (great) quoteable quotes.

fighting101s.jpg