Nancy Pelosi reacts to the grievous injury done to all women when the Supreme Court ruled that the government couldn't force Little Sisters of the Poor to provide contraceptives and abortifacients to employees.
Here, Nancy demonstrates an emergency alternative that women can use "until we can get those nuns whipped back into line." She calls it "the birth control face" and claims it is 98% effective at preventing unwanted pregnancies.
What a world, huh? Where not wanting to pay for someone else's contraception is considered a "war on women".
Also from National Review:
Imagine that a woman starts work at Hobby Lobby tomorrow morning — July 1. She joins Hobby Lobby’s health care plan. It includes access, copay-free, to the following categories of FDA-approved birth-control:Not quite the war on women the hysterical (yes, check the etymology) left is cackling about.
(This new woman at Hobby Lobby cannot use male condoms or a vasectomy, at least not directly. However, if she chose either contraceptive method, in conjunction with her husband, she would have access to it.)...
- Male condoms
- Female condoms
- Diaphragms with spermicide
- Sponges with spermicide
- Cervical caps with spermicide
- Spermicide alone
- Birth-control pills with estrogen and progestin (“Combined Pill)
- Birth-control pills with progestin alone (“The Mini Pill)
- Birth control pills (extended/continuous use)
- Contraceptive patches
- Contraceptive rings
- Progestin injections
- Implantable rods
- Female sterilization surgeries
- Female sterilization implants
...What Hobby Lobby will not cover are four contraceptive methods that its owners fear are abortifacients:
Rather than simply prevent sperm and ova from uniting, Hobby Lobby’s owners believe that these medications either kill human beings when they are fertilized eggs or prevent them from implanting themselves in utero, whereupon they die.
- Plan B (“The Morning After Pill”)
- Ella (a similar type of “emergency contraception”)
- Copper Intra-Uterine Device
- IUD with progestin