Friday, February 22, 2008

Change and Hope


Hope and Change. Obama is definitely the candidate of change and hope.
"I hope they buy this story,"

You know, I've heard from an Army captain who was the head of a rifle platoon--supposed to have 39 men in a rifle platoon. Ended up being sent to Afghanistan with 24 because 15 of those soldiers had been sent to Iraq.

And as a consequence, they didn't have enough ammunition, they didn't have enough Humvees. They were actually capturing Taliban weapons, because it was easier to get Taliban weapons than it was for them to get properly equipped by our current commander in chief.

And, "I'd like to change this story,"
After the debate Obama advisor David Axlerod told Stephen Spruiell,
That was a discussion that a captain in the military had with our staff, and he asked that that be passed along to Senator Obama.
So Obama never actually spoke with the captain, which means he can reasonably claim the tale was garbled in transmission.


***Update: ABC's Jake Tapper interviews an Obama supporter claiming to be the mysterious Captain. (and he very well could be, because he doesn't so much support what Obama said; he explains it away..... sort of like “For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country,”... well what I meant was...)

I look at Jake Tapper, and for the first time in my adult life, I'm proud of my toaster. Wait a minute Jake, let me explain that.
Best comment:
So he wasn't a Captain, who didn't run out of ammunition in theater so he wasn't forced to use captured weapons, whose platoon may have been understrength because of normal turnover but certainly wasn't because platoons are 'split' against Army policy, so... even though the circumstances were misrepresented, and even though the anecdote was not representative of any actual circumstances reported by any other units... yeah... it "checks out".
Posted by: DANEgerus | Feb 22, 2008 3:14:39 PM


0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg