Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day


So I'm in my favorite florist's... well, OK, the supermarket, but they have some pretty nice flowers these days, and I'm picking out some roses for the wife and kid. And I've got my head down, making critical decisions as to hue and freshness, when the guy next to me says, "Yup, can't forget these, or I'll be in deep 'trouble'." So just on a whim, I said, in my deepest voice, "Yeah, last year I forgot the flowers and he didn't talk to me for a week."

I think I'm going to claim a chemical imbalance makes me say those things. Anyway, I look up to see if I'm getting a laugh and I realize that I know this guy, but I don't know where from. So quickly I run through the memory register: neighbor? customer? church? no, don't let him be one of the kid's teachers.... And I still don't know where I know this guy from but he was laughing so maybe it's ok.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg