Wednesday, February 27, 2008

WFB RIP



See there? You close Starbucks for three hours, and bad things happen.

Sadly, William F Buckley has passed away. He was the conservative movement for many years. Founder of National Review, and host of Firing Line, and founder of Young Americans for Freedom, he was the undisputed standard bearer of American conservatism. Plus, bonus, he was an easy guy to like. I remember as a young, liberal, college student, I would watch him debate Gore Vidal with a dictionary at my side; having to look up the bons and the mots, and usually concluding that WFB was the cleverer of the two. Odd, I really liked the guy, even though he represented everything I opposed.

Well, he'll be missed. But he had a huge life, so that's good.

Know what? I'm not even going to peek at the left-hand side of the WWW, though I know that right now Arianna Huffington has got both delete buttons out and is clicking like crazy, trying to shield her minions and thugs, who like to show the depths of their nastiness at times like these.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg