Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Good News


The Prez has decided to be very close to making a decision regarding troop levels in Afghanistan. This is much better than the situation last week, when he wasn't sure that being close to making a decision was the exact best thing:

BEIJING (Reuters) – U.S. President Barack Obama said in an interview with CNN on Wednesday he is "very close" to a decision on boosting troop levels in Afghanistan and would make an announcement "in the next several weeks."

In a transcript of the interview seen by Reuters, Obama said he did not want his successor as president to inherit the Afghan conflict, adding that a "multi-year occupation" would not serve the interests of the United States.

See how he did that? "I'm working so hard, I'm thinking the heck out of this thing. I'm thinking so much about this thing that it probably appears that I'm incapable of making big decisions. And why? Because I don't want to leave a mess for the next president (ahem!) unlike some presidents I know.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg