Tuesday, April 02, 2013


The soi-disant Scientist in Chief wants to spend 100 million mapping the human brain:

At a speech this morning at the White House to outline a new science initiative, President Barack Obama named himself "Scientist-in-Chief."
"I’m glad I’ve been promoted Scientist-in-Chief," Obama said to laughter at the White House. "Given my grades in physics, I’m not sure it’s deserving.  But I hold science in proper esteem, so maybe that gives me a little credit."...
..."As humans, we can identify galaxies light years away, we can study particles smaller than an atom.  But we still haven’t unlocked the mystery of the three pounds of matter that sits between our ears.  (Laughter.)  But today, scientists possess the capability to study individual neurons and figure out the main functions of certain areas of the brain.
 Well,  I can save him a few bucks. Above is his mapped brain. Sure that's simplistic -- billions of neurons and only three functions. But underneath it all is the need to regulate and control. So there's that. Plus, he's only in this mode 15% of the time. The other 85% he's all:

The Drudge  graphic made me want to put a little more effort into it. Just a little. So here's our president - with what doctors call hypertrophy of the ruin-everything area: