Friday, April 19, 2013

Laff a Little




Other people's distress is always a hoot.

This reminded me of a goof that came to mind while driving to a job to replace a steering wheel on a piece of heavy equipment. We were in city traffic and my fellow mechanic, riding shotgun, picked up the new steering wheel to see if it came with a horn switch. Well, he noticed the guy driving next to us doing a double take and a new diversion was born. He pretended to panic, held up the wheel and asked "what do I do now?"

Turns out it doesn't really mater if you're on the driver's side; if you panic, they'll panic with you. He did it the whole rest of the trip. Then he kept the steering wheel we replaced and would reprise the game whenever we went out on two man jobs.

I think I finally had to ask him to stop. I figured it was only a matter of time before some frustrated commuter pulled out a baseball bat at a red light.


0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg