Monday, December 04, 2006

Silly Girl


Sure, stars are just like us - some of them are stupid. I'm talking about that blurb on Drudge: GWYNETH PALTROW: 'British much more intelligent and civilized than the Americans'... where she says:

"I love the English lifestyle, it's not as capitalistic as America. People don't talk about work and money, they talk about interesting things at dinner," she told "NS," the weekend magazine supplement of daily Portuguese newspaper Diario de Noticias on Saturday.

"I like living here because I don't fit into the bad side of American psychology. The British are much more intelligent and civilized than the Americans," the 34-year-old added.
Which, well I'm sure you know, is on it's face stupid. All Gwyn can testify to is her dinner guests.

But even odder is her claim that the "British are much more intelligent and civilized." Ha!! Gwyneth, you hang out with your "British" neighbor Madonna. What do you do, discuss doing the pool guy in an intelligent and civilized way? Sheesh. Anyway, it's also kind of transparent: people who praise their intelligent and civilized friends, and deride the hoi polloi, are really just saying, "Hey, I'm intelligent and civilized," in a way that demonstrates that they're neither.

2 comments:

lumberjack said...

???? I dunno....

Maybe blogspot.com swallowed it. I didn't delete anything, anyway.
And really, if you're going to skirt the G-rating, a Madonna/Paltrow post is the place to do it.

Sorry bout that.

lumberjack said...

Har!
Fine economy of words. And to the point.

Yeah, she backpedals:
"This is what I said. I said that Europe is a much older culture and there's a difference. I always say in America, people live to work and in Europe, people work to live. There are positives in both,"

Gwyn,I live to put squirrels and spotted owls out of their homes. The fact that they'll pay me for it is just salty-good gravy. And as for talking about it over dinner... what else is there to talk about? (you crack-whore)

fighting101s.jpg