Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hate Speech


Doesn't it just figure? A mentally ill, antisemitic, loner goes nuts at the Holocaust Museum and Joan Walsh blames Rush Limbaugh. Listen up Joan, antisemitism emanates simultaneously from the left, the right, and fundamentalist Islam. Not from Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, or Sean Hannity.



I'm not a regular listener but I've heard Limbaugh from time to time, and I can't remember anything he has said that might be considered antisemitic. If anyone can quote anything that Rush has said that might have set this guy off, they should step forward.

I've wracked my brain but the only antisemitic speech I've heard lately was this:

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright says "them Jews" are keeping him from speaking to President Obama, according to the Daily Press newspaper of Virginia.

Wright was Obama's pastor at Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ on the South Side. Wright's sermons were a lightning rod in the presidential race in 2008, particularly one in which he said "God damn America."....


......"Them Jews aren't going to let him talk to me. I told my baby daughter, that he'll talk to me in five years when he's a lame duck, or in eight years when he's out of office," Wright was quoted as saying in an article posted Tuesday.

"They will not let him to talk to somebody who calls a spade what it is. ... I said from the beginning: He's a politician; I'm a pastor. He's got to do what politicians do," he said.

Think this is what Joan was thinking of? Of course not. In her heart of hearts Joan knows damn well that this was a mentally ill loner, with no more of a connection to Rush Limbaugh than to Reverend Wright. But she thinks that this tragedy might be an opportunity to score political points. And that is despicable. On the same day an innocent man was murdered, Joan, you sought to use that tragedy for political advantage. Shame on you.

Our prayers are for the soul of Stephen T. Johns, and the comforting of his family and friends.



0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg