Monday, August 03, 2009

So am I Hired?


From an article on weird things said in job interviews:

"I was fired from my last job because they were forcing me to attend anger management classes." - Smith

Why are you looking for a job?

"Cigarettes are getting more expensive, so I need another job." - Pechstein

"My parents told me I need to get a job so that is why I'm here." - McGowan

Why do you want to work for us?

"Just for the benefits." - Jennifer Juergens, JJ Communications

"My old boss didn't like me, so one day, I just left and never came back. And here I am!" - Matt Cowall, communications manager, Appia Communications

"I saw the job posted on Twitter and thought, why not?" - Rebecca Gertsmark Oren, Communications Director at The Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity

What are your assets? (as in strengths)

"Well, I do own a bike." - Pam Venné, principal, The Venné Group

What are your weaknesses?

"I get angry easily and I went to jail for domestic violence. But I won't get mad at you." - Pechstein

"I had a job candidate tell me that she often oversleeps and has trouble getting out of bed in the morning." - Linda Yaffe, certified executive coach

"I am an alcoholic and do not deserve this job." - Deb Bailey, owner, Power Women Magazine & Radio Show

"I'm really not a big learner. You know ... some people love learning and are always picking up new things, but that's just not me. I'd much rather work at a place where the job is pretty stagnant and doesn't change a lot." -- Michaele Charles, Voice Communications

When have you demonstrated leadership skills?

"Well my best example would be in the world of online video gaming. I pretty much run the show; it takes a lot to do that." - Rachel Croce

Is there anything else I should know about you?

"You should probably know I mud wrestle on the weekends." - Venne

When can you start?

"I need to check with my mom on that one." - Bolzan

Use three adjectives to describe yourself

"I hate questions like this." - Katrina Meistering, manager of outreach, National Fatherhood Initiative

Tell of a time you made a mistake and how you dealt with it

"I stole some equipment from my old job, and I had to pay for its replacement." - Meistering

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg