Sunday, November 12, 2006

Burn Down The Mission


Drudge has a report about an Elton John interview in which he blames religion for fomenting hatred of gays. Which, I suppose does happen in some churches, I mean, some of them do snake handling, tambourine banging, and some come to your door and make you take pamphlets. I can't think of a single religion that preaches hatred.... oh wait, there is that one... Yeah, I suppose stoning to death could be considered hate. We best ban Christianity too, though. That way Sir Elton doesn't have to say "Islam" out loud. (and thereby lose his head)

Anyway, what got me was Four Eyes saying:

"I think religion has always tried to turn hatred towards gay people. Religion promotes the hatred and spite against gays. But there are so many people I know who are gay and love their religion. From my point of view I would ban religion completely."
Right Elton. Many gay people love their religion so we should ban it. Think that through, ok?

I agree, btw, that many gay people love their religion and that the church should welcome them. Islam's view is an abomination and doesn't belong in this century.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg