Friday, May 30, 2008

Yum-o



I'm not sure where I stand on this whole cute cook keffiyeh kerfuffle. If you're unfamiliar with the story: perky Rachael Ray wore the keffiyeh in a Dunkin Donuts ad, and many people are taking it as a pro-Palestinian statement. And it might easily be, but I'll be interested to hear Rachael's reaction to the commentary. I mean, doesn't she seem like the kind of likable-ditzy girl who might have just worn it because it matches her table cloth? "Keff-i-what? Is that those mushroom stuffed fillo dough thingies? Oh, Yum-O!"

I don't know, maybe I'm being gullible, but I have trouble thinking poorly about the girl who clued me in to putting a whole brick of cream cheese into the mashed potatoes. (in addition to the usual cheese-butter-cream additives) I mean, how can such a girl go so wrong? Really, try the potatoes and see if you don't agree.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg