Wednesday, October 28, 2009

While Searching for Harry Reid Prayer Photos..



Oh man, what a picture. No, it's not just the fact that Paul Simon has aged. All the musical heroes of my youth look like old lesbians these days; and really, standing next to Nancy Pelosi probably makes anyone look younger. But why do you have to associate with the nightmare people, Paul?

I get that he now has lots on money and wants to do good. And I think that's great. Go out and do good Al, (he told me I could call him that) just don't support the people who want to use my money to do themselves good.

Aside- I was tickled way back when Paul Simon was doing his collaborating with African musicians: I think he was touring with Ladysmith Black Mambazo and the local NPR station did an interview with him. The interview went fine until they opened it up to questions from the audience. Every single comment or question had to do with him exploiting the black man and getting rich off of African talent. Best part - nobody would let him get a single word in edgewise. I thought to myself, "See? That's the kind of idiot I used to be, and Paul used to be too, most likely."

I don't know if he was similarly humbled, but if they had let him talk, I'm pretty sure he would have told them that most of his share of the income was going to anti-apartheid organizations. That was some of his best music too.



0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg