Friday, September 09, 2005

Almost a Volunteer

It's no great distinction but we were able to get 5 bags of clothes to
the evacuees before the Armory quit accepting clothes. And I say it's no
big thing because everywhere I look people are clamoring to offer help.
I think wanting to help and giving money is the norm, it's no exception.

And I even looked into whether my skills might be of some use to the
effort. (they weren't) So what I'm doing, I'm just cutting down trees at
random in the "spirit" of pitching in. I have had to be careful in picking
which trees to fell because some of the homeowners in whose yards these
soon to be ex-trees reside have expressed dismay at my volunteerism.
The other, non-complaining, homeowners most likely weren't home at
the time.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg