Friday, September 16, 2005

Taibbi

Wondering who this guy is who's been vouching for Sean Penn's heroics, I've googled
Taibbi and read some of his stuff. And yes, he *is* anti-Bush, but one thing he wrote
in a Rolling Stone article surprised me:

There are times when American politics seems like little more than two groups in a fever to prevent each other from trespassing upon their respective soothing versions of unreality. At one point at Camp Casey, an informal poll taken around a campfire revealed that six out of a group of ten protesters, selected at random, believed that the United States government was directly involved in planning the 9/11 bombings. Flabbergasted, I tried to press the issue.

"Do you know how many people would have to be involved in that conspiracy?" I said. "I mean, start with the pilots . . ."

"The planes were flown by remote control," a girl sitting across from me snapped.

Six out of ten? I'm investing in Reynolds Aluminum.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg