Friday, September 23, 2005

Rita

I'll be praying for all the people caught up in Rita, and Katrina, and
especially for those caught up in both. [What a thing, to escape New
Orleans only to have Rita chase you out of Houston as well. If it
was me, I'd make Kansas my next destination... oh wait, the tornados]

But what of those people, even some scientists, who are saying that
global warming is causing more hurricanes, or making the ones we have
more intense? I just read from the Independent:

Although the overall frequency of tropical storms worldwide has remained broadly level since 1970, the number of extreme category 4 and 5 events has sharply risen.

Then I went to NOAA, which is why I never get any real work done, and see why
they only go back to 1970. Because going back further completely blows the assertion.
Intellectual dishonesty bites.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg