Monday, September 12, 2005

Sean the selfless

So Yahoo says Sean did pull people from the water:

"I witnessed him rescuing up to 40 people," presidential historian and author Douglas Brinkley told the New York Daily News. "He was up to his waist in toxic muck...I'm not going to comment on Sean's trips to Iraq or Iran, but in this case, he was an American hero."

On CNN's Larry King Live, Penn, 45, said he was just another person watching Hurricane Katrina coverage on TV, except owing to the fruits of his Oscar-winning fame, "I could afford to get on an airplane and get down there."

"It became easy to get out, for me to get a boat, and get out on the water with some other people, and try to get people out of the water," Penn said.
Alright, did he? Maybe, but it's hard to think that his motives were selfless. Why have
three people crew a bass boat is pretty much overloaded with five? I really would have been impressed if the
story had gotten out that he toiled anonymously.
and update: turns out the two "friends" were both [biased] journalists.. I knew I recognized Taibbi's name from
somewhere. I revert back to my screw-you-sean stance on the whole matter.

2 comments:

Kitty said...

Sean Penn patrols New Orleans with a shotgun.

lumberjack said...

Thanks, I hadn't seen this one. My admiration
for the man grows and grows.

fighting101s.jpg