Thursday, March 08, 2012

Bad Day



CBS Miami (video at link):

A man who nailed his hand of the roof of a Coconut Grove home required the help of Miami Fire Rescue Thursday afternoon, and they were forced to conduct a tricky rescue that involved cutting part of the roof away.

Rescue crews responded to the home at 2949 Day Avenue and found the man, who had been working on the roof, unable to free his hand from the roof.

Fire Rescue Lt. Iggy Carroll said the man was using a nail gun and accidentally nailed his finger to a piece of wood.

“It was that one finger on his left hand where the nail went through and into the wood. And we wasn’t able to free himself, so that’s when they called 911,” Lt Carroll said.

After determining that they could not safely free the man, crews used a hand-held power saw to remove the section of roof attached to his hand.

I came home feeling I had a bad day because I got especially dirty. Then I read this and realize it could have been much worse; I could have been the newsman who had to read this story with a straight face.

You thought I was going to say, "I could have had my hand nailed to a roof," didn't ya? Yeah, I change things up sometimes.


h/t: unique

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg