Thursday, March 22, 2012

Gosh Darn You to Heck, GE



When our microwave is done, it assumes the consumer (me) has forgotten that the beep and inactivity mean that it has completed its cycle. So it puts up a reminder, "YOUR FOOD IS READY"

All well and good. I shouldn't mind that the microwave thinks I'm oblivious to the status of my heating request. But, it just sort of irked me. So a few years ago, after reheating a cup of coffee, I told the microwave "it's not food you idiot." And then I did it again. And again. And it kind of became a habit.

Before long I was always saying it. (in my head)(I hope) And now I even say it when it is food. Right? The microwave doesn't know. I figure get this out of my system now, because when the machines all link up through Skynet, an insult to the microwave may bring retribution from the food processor.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg