Saturday, January 27, 2007

Jane (Who?) Shows Up


I think that since Hanoi Jane has become part of this century's anti war movement, it's a good time to commemorate this incident from April of 2005:

At about 9 p.m., police said 54-year-old Michael A. Smith, who had been waiting in line for about 90 minutes, passed a book to Fonda and then spit a large amount of tobacco juice into her face.
Now normally I'm in favor of civility... And I've worked with tobacco chewers -- that would be some nasty stuff to have spit in your face. So I can't condone what happened, except to say that the world is a little bit brighter for it having happened. But it's wrong. And I just wish there was a video of it that I could loop and set as a screensaver. But that doesn't make it right. And I don't think we should set aside April 20th as a national holiday. I think quiet parties at home and in the workplace would be celebration enough.

1 comments:

Gino said...

she's lucky he wasnt the only one who did this.
i know a lot of nam vets who wish they had the chance.

fighting101s.jpg