Thursday, April 29, 2010

Backlash?


From Newsbusters:

After Couric noted “a new travel warning today. This time it's Mexico warning its citizens to be careful if they visit Arizona,” reporter Nancy Cordes saw controversy “spreading to all corners of the country” as evidenced by how “San Francisco's Mayor just banned official travel to Arizona. City councils in Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles are considering similar measures.”

Tell you what, if I was living in one of those cities I'd be darned happy to ban official travel to Arizona, and 49 other states as well. I mean, what is in Arizona, or Alabama, or New York that my community needs? Aren't official junkets really just vacations paid for by tax payers? So what if there won't be a bunch of SF councilmen forming drum circles outside Sedona this year? I say good. Stay home. Do your job.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg