Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Amanda Goes Down

One down, one to go:

Amanda Marcotte posted on her personal blog, Pandagon, that the criticism "was creating a situation where I felt that every time I coughed, I was risking the Edwards campaign." Marcotte said she resigned from her position Monday, and that her resignation was accepted by the campaign.
I knew it. I knew that Amanda couldn't switch herself into civil-mode. She just doesn't have it in her to discuss politics without getting nasty. It wasn't "every time I coughed," It was, "every time I coughed, and described a priest's genitals, and searched the Catholic encyclopedia for something new to equate with excrement, I was risking the Edwards campaign."
Earlier Monday, Marcotte wrote on her personal Web site, "The Christian version of the virgin birth is generally interpreted as super-patriarchal, where ... women are nothing but vessels."
Don't you just know how she wanted to write that sentence? Every amanda-molecule strained, and protested, and wept at having to express the thought in a civil manner.

1 comments:

lumberjack said...

Oh man - we've got ice sticking to our ice. Our ice is icing-up.
Sure hope it doesn't snow on top of that.

fighting101s.jpg