Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I Disagree

The wife e-mailed me this. She's in the next room and she e-mailed it. She doesn't even use e-mail. She thinks there's (OK, because I told her) a specific time the e-mailman comes around. So it was no small thing that she got this link to me.
From Fox news:

When a man fails to help out around the house, his poor performance might be related to a subconscious tendency to resist doing anything his wife wants, a new study suggests.

Men and women are sure to argue about this one.
Course, I considered not reading it, but the wifey expected me to not read it, so I did. Twice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When my husband fails to help around the house, there are three things that come to mind about why he may not helping.

First, he figures he works very hard already and wants to relax (so I help him do that and then I get back to my chores).

Second, he figures anything inside the house that isn't actually related to handyman work is my job (and he would be right).

And third, he just needs to be asked politely in those instances where I need help with something that I can't reach, lift or carry (and then I don't bother him any more while he gets back to whatever he was doing).

And as far as "poor performance", I would never apply that term to my husband at all. (If you know what I mean.) Oh, yes, he's a hard worker in all the ways that count -- housework isn't one of them.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

We save on arguments.. My hubby says "Yes Dear". But does that mean he is right or wrong? I think sometimes he ought to be more involved but then I'm so finicky with certain chores that I end up doing it in the end the way I want it done. As for big jobs , he will tackle the task.. Can I get a "Yes Dear"? Great site BTW.. funny and thought provoking...

fighting101s.jpg