Thursday, July 26, 2007

Pork



Porkbusters has a spreadsheet of the 1776 earmarks in the Defense appropriations bill. 1776? how patriotic. But what caught my eye was who the big earmarkers were:

Member # Earmarks Requested
Young, C.W. Bill 59
Murtha, John 46
Lewis, Jerry 38
Moran, James 30
Visclosky, Peter 28
Kingston, Jack 26
Tiahrt, Todd 25
Dicks, Norman 24
Kaptur, Marcy 21
Cramer, Robert 20
Frelinghuysen, Rodney 20
Hobson, David 20
John Murtha has 46 in there? This guy?:
....a videotape of a Jan. 7, 1980 Abscam-related meeting involving Murtha shows that the congressman's rejection of the offered bribe was less than definite. "I'm not interested. I'm sorry," Murtha told the FBI agent, but added that he meant "at this point.

"You know, we do business for a while, maybe I'll be interested, maybe I won't," Murtha said on the FBI videotape.
Sheesh. We never learn.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg