Friday, September 05, 2008

I Call Shenanigans



I've been watching video of the Obama speech in Duryea, PA. today. At one point he asks if Republicans just make stuff up.... but then: He says we're going to invest 15 billion in alternative energy. And create 5 million jobs, good paying jobs.

OK, do the math. That's $3,000 a year. I make almost twice that. Shenanigans!

But really, the whole Obama show is rigged. He is "giving" us absolutely everything, health insurance, high speed rail, infrastructure, personal jet packs, perfect teeth, I mean just everything. Oh and magically, "Ninety-five percent of Americans would get a tax cut under my proposal. Ninety-five percent. Ninety-five percent. Nobody disputes this. Nobody disputes it. Under my plan the middle class would get three times the amount of relief as under John McCain's plan." Sure, and when we get home from work, the government will have a large bowl of ice cream and a foot rub waiting for us.

I feel so much better after the Sarah bump, but Obama still has the charisma thing, plus the math-is-hard vote. If the man gets elected it will be because Americans have forgotten how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg