Friday, March 30, 2007

A Little Joke

Over at the Corner:

I'm Off [Kathryn Jean Lopez]
to talk to the Mormon students. If you don't hear from me by noon, send some evangelicals to save me.
Made me chuckle this morning... Then I thought, why is it that the joke would work with almost any two religions substituted for Mormons and Evangelicals? Any religion except Islam. "I'm going to go meet with the Lutherans. If I'm not out by noon, send in the Baptists to wake me up..."

But no: "I'm going to meet with the Muslims, tell Jack Bauer to wait near the mosque.." And why is that? First off there's CAIR, who sue like Californians. You reacted to a bunch a bunch of surly clerics, glaring at the other passengers and trying to scare the children? Well, we sue you then. Then there's Daniel Pearl. That's the real reason Muslims can't be chided, can't be in on the joke. With too many of them, it's no joke.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg