Thursday, April 26, 2007

Democratic Debates


I'm liking John Edwards more and more. Did you see the pictures of him trying to be one of the guys?


They didn't show what he was gesturing towards on the other end of the stage:


Here's a better angle:


Really, he's almost succeeding at being one of the guys. I admit, "Bend over baby, I'll drive you to Cleveland," was a little crude, but John has a huge wimp factor to overcome.

Best part of the debate? Had to be Kucinich jumping in front of the other candidates, trying to get camera time. The other Democrats pretending they couldn't see him had to have been worked out in advance. Here's John, being cruel to the crazy guy from Ohio.


What about the substance of the debate? It was mainly comedy.

"The first day I would get us out of Iraq by diplomacy," said New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson
Then the other candidates took turns claiming quicker and quicker endings,
"Well, I'd get us out by diplomacy the first morning,"

"But I'd get us out first hour by diplomacy and feed the whole world by lunchtime."

"Well, I'd get us out the first hour and feed the whole world times infinity!"

At least they're starting to come up with their own plans. So that's good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is he petting Gollum?

Anonymous said...

(I know I'm late to the party, but please forgive: I'm digging out from over 2 feet of algore's global warming.)

"Driving" this unholy union "to Cleveland" is unsettling in the verb but somehow appropriate in the destination.

Somehow...

lumberjack said...

Yup, disturbing verbs is what I always shoot for. Next stop... Cleveland!

And I tried photoshopping Kucinich's face onto a Gollum image but I kept forgetting which one was the original. Finally I gave up.

fighting101s.jpg