Monday, April 02, 2007

Foot Club For Men



I've never quite gotten the Hair Club for Men thing. Do they get membership cards? Is there a Teeth Club for Men? (and, btw, I'm not making fun of baldness - I, myself, have a thin spot at the back-top of my head that I'm pretty sure is the result of the wife plucking out hairs as I sleep) But the biggest question of all, why isn't Donald Trump a member?

Anyway, I was thinking that Trump was going to pull a Britney Spears and get his head shaved this last weekend because he wagered his hair in a bet with Vince McMahon over Wrestlemania 23. (can it already be up to 23?) I thought the bet was just a cover for a decision he'd already made to go Sinead. (and finally put an end to the vexing question of what exactly that is on his head) Apparently not though. Trump won the bet. Which is ok too. I'm sure I'm not the only person who is fascinated by the structure of his comb-over-through-around. My theory is that he got design help from the architect who designed the Sydney Opera House.

***Update: Here's three guys picked at random, just to show that the hair doesn't necessarily make the man.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a coworker who was a member of the hair club. The way it works is they take human hair, and weave it into a toupee. Then they take that and using your exisitng few hairs tie it to your head, knotting it thru the hairpiece. As your hair grows out the wig gets loose, so you have to go back over and over to have them retie it tighter, and also have them trim your real hair.

Thats why its called the hair club. You cant just go once and be done. As cris rock says, they get you on the come back!

lumberjack said...

Ah-ha. I was wondering why more than a few trips would be needed.

And bummer that these guys have to keep paying every few weeks. If it was me, I'd go for the shaved head. Kojak pulled it off, Yul Brynner too, and even that Sinead guy look didn't look too bad.

fighting101s.jpg