Monday, April 02, 2007

Odd Photo

I have no clue if this is a doctored photo or not, but it is odd. From FARS news agency, a protest, supposedly in front of the British embassy in Iran:

See the ghost protester waving the flag way up above the trees? It's odd, here's a detail of the flag:

It's got an odd little something attached to it too.
Anyway, one explanation might be that the flag was thrown and the camera caught it at the top of it's arc. I can't help but wonder though.... sometimes when I'm photoshopping, I'll "park" picture elements away from the area where I'm working so as not to distract from what I'm doing. You can make the element invisible but sometimes it's just easier to move it out of the way. Then sometimes, I'll forget to move the element back. (which is why sometimes Hillary is in one spot and her tattoo is in another) Could that be where the flag came from? Dunno.

***Update: Welcome to Corner readers. I did a little manipulation in photoshop and came up with the photo below:

click on image to enbiggen


It may be a coincidence but that flag fits very well around the photographer's head. What I did to check the fit:
1) copied the flag
2) moved it down and to the right, (didn't rotate)
3) smoothed the flag pole (where I had picked up some white from the sky)
4) masked the bottom of the flag pole with a cutout of the back from the man jumping over the barricade.

This is an amazingly good fit to the photographer's head. And I'm not an expert in Photoshop, so I'm not claiming this as proof of manipulation. You decide.


1 comments:

lumberjack said...

Ah, I stand corrected.

It's also been suggested that it's a UFO.

And I just noticed: nobody's looking up.

fighting101s.jpg