Friday, January 28, 2005

Planned Parhttp://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifenthood

From Yahoo News:

NEW YORK - Gloria Feldt, president of the Planned Parenthood (news - web sites) Federation of America for the past eight years, has resigned, the family planning organization announced Thursday........

......"We honor Gloria Feldt's contributions to Planned Parenthood and to the global movement for reproductive justice,"


Reproductive justice? What an odd term. My first thought was that justice is "rendering to every one that which is his due." So the term actually invites you to think about all the parties involved; including the littlest one, the one who can't speak in it's own defense. Sure, I know that this thought won't occur to those predisposed to latch on to the term and apply it to themselves. "See? Justice for me! I was put upon, those bad people from Jesusland oppressed me... but this is justice!"

Ah well.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg