Thursday, February 17, 2005

Greenpeace gets thumped

Fron The Times Online:

WHEN 35 Greenpeace protesters stormed the International Petroleum Exchange (IPE) yesterday they had planned the operation in great detail.

What they were not prepared for was the post-prandial aggression of oil traders who kicked and punched them back on to the pavement.

“We bit off more than we could chew. They were just Cockney barrow boy spivs. Total thugs,” one protester said, rubbing his bruised skull. “I’ve never seen anyone less amenable to listening to our point of view.”


The naivete is stunning. "We came to interfere with operations, and force our views on these people, and darn, they didn't like it. Can you believe it?"

2 comments:

Jeff Simmermon said...

You know, I really don't see how you can leave some sort of smarmy post on my blog under the Protest Warrior post and then have this post on yours.

Nice to see that John Kerry and the left aren't the only flip-floppers. At least me and John could publicly admit we were wrong...

And you know, I wouldn't have even said anything if I weren't so TIRED of condescending conservatives patting me on the back for agreeing with them and patting me on the head for being all confused and cute with the other hand. You want to screw me with your praise, at least give me a reacharound and admit it when you're wrong, too.

lumberjack said...

Smarmy? I was shooting for sarcastic.... usually I go right past smarmy and land squarely in vague when I misjudge a sarcastic shot. What I was saying was that of course the Protest Warriors have a right to protest at leftish demonstrations. The same way the left has a right to show up at antiabortion demonstrations, or the Thanksgiving Day parade, or even at the Inauguration. That's the whole point of counterdemonstrating, to show that there is opposition. I can't imagine anyone saying we should leave KKK rallies alone because it's their thing and it wouldn't be right to interfere.

As for the compliment on your intellectual honesty, I meant it. There was no pat on the head.

fighting101s.jpg