Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Al Sharpton wants his own sitcom?

No, not from the onion:

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - He has led civil rights marches, scolded the nation's leaders and even run for president, but the Rev. Al Sharpton now wants to do something completely different -- star in his own television sitcom.

Sharpton, in an interview with Reuters on Friday, confirmed a report in Daily Variety that he would soon be filming a pilot for a family show called "Al in the Family" that would revolve around his larger-than-life personality.

"I don't know if I am a good actor or not but I will be playing myself and I have been practicing that for 51 years," the New York Democrat and civil rights leader said.

Don't know if it's for real or not. If true, there's a pretty good chance
that his life up to now has not been a sitcom. Hard to swallow
it is.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg