Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Cold Tuesday

OK maybe it wasn't COLD cold but it was cold enough
for me. And my next job is in a field so I've been
putting it off. Not that my alternatives have been
exciting. I've been dealing with real estate lawyers
and looking into branching out into other forms
of drudgery to make up for my lost contracts.

Which, other drudgery, is, well what I would like
to get more into is personal mobility carts. You know,
like in the supermarket. They're darned easy to work on,
and they do break down a lot. And I can get much more of
the supermarket work if I want it, all I have to do is
spread my card around... but what I'm internally debating
is whether I want to get into selling the things. See, I know
that for a long while you couldn't make a go of it by just
selling the carts to individuals. At least I know many
of the early companies struggled. Now the changing demographics
might be changing all that. More old folks means more carts.
(Take a good look at Eddie Van Halen and tell me a mobility
solution isn't just around the corner for him)



And with this baby-boomer thing happening, well, Eddie won't
be able to swing a bong without hitting three other guys in
mobility carts. But here's the thing; there are going to be a
lot of these things on the used-cart market. I mean, Eddie goes
to that mosh pit in the sky ... ok, long way off, but still,
he won't be taking the cart with. And would I want to be in
the used cart market? I dun think so. I'm too much of a sucker
for lil ol ladies. (the last three wheelchairs I worked on I
took zero, 20, and zero dollars for) Yeah, maybe I'll stick
with the commercial work.

0 comments:

fighting101s.jpg